SOPHISTICATED OPTICAL MEASUREMENT OPTICS M-Scope type I
Sophisticated Optical Measurement Optics M-Scope type I is designed to correspond with various requirements in optical measurement and analysis.
M-Scope type I has two functional ports, available for various optical measurement. One is optical fiber connect port that realizes additional optical measurement such as optical power measurement, wavelength measurement and so on, in combination with various optical measurement instruments such as optical powermeter, optical spectrum analyzer and so on. Another is imaging port that realizes beam profile observation and analysis, image processing for alignment and so on.
M-scope type I has a enhanced scalability for various purpose such as beam irradiation, beam observation, image processing by combination of specially designed and optimized optional units.
M-Scope type I is a high-end optics available for wide range of optical measurement application.
Additionally, Polarization-free Type Optical Measurement Optics M-Scope type I/PF is prepared that improves measurement stability by polarization compensation unit of half mirror.
- An optical fiber connect port is equipped. Available for various optical measurement in combination with various optical measurement systems.
- Optical beam irradiation measurement
- Pinpoint irradiation of measurement beam onto the target sample precisely and easily
- Light detection measurement
- Pinpoint detection of measurement light from the target sample and relay to the optical fiber. Best for optical power measurement, wavelength measurement, etc.
- An imaging port for imaging detector (camera) is equipped. Direct observation of irradiating beam position, light detecting position, etc. is possible. Furthermore, available as high functionality NFP/beam profile measurement optics.
- In case of beam irradiation, it is possible to observe the beam irradiating position directly and easy to introduce measurement light on to the target.
- In case of light detection, it is possible to observe the measurement light on the sample directly and easy to introduce measurement light to the optical fiber connected to the fiber port.
- It is possible to apply to NFP/beam profile measurement.
- Optical beam irradiation measurement
- Light sensitivity, response measurement of photo-diodes, photo-detetors, optical sensing devices, etc.
- Measurement of insertion loss, propagation characteristics, and continuity due to light incident on various optical waveguides.
- Failure analysis of semiconductor devices due to light incident on.
- Bio technological application such as optical micro beam irradiation onto bio cells.
- Measurement and analysis of optical characteristics of various minute samples by irradiating micro beam in general.
- Optical beam detection measurement
- Measurement of emission characteristics of laser device such as VCSEL, LD, laser module, etc.
- Measurement of insertion loss, propagation characteristics, and continuity due to light detection on various optical waveguides.
- Measurement of emission characteristics of light emitting devices in general.
- Wafer-level optical characteristic measurement of various opto-semiconductor devices
- Research and development of Silicon photonics devices.
- Assembling adjustment, quality evaluation of various optical modules, lensed modules, etc.
- General optical measurement and analysis.
SUMMARY OF SPECIFICATION
|Optical fiber connect port||
|Light irradiation/detection area (size)||
|Objective lens switching||Manual revolver (mounting maximum 4 objective lens)|
|Objective lens||Mitsutoyo M-Plan Apo series (standard)|
|Intermediate lens for imaging port||1x (standard), 2x or 1/2x(option)|
|Total magnification for imaging port||standard：100x (with a 100x objective lens)
option：200x (Using an optional 2x intermediate magnification lens and a objective lens with 100x)
|Coaxial epi-illumination port||Port : φ8mm(external diameter) port for coaxial epi-illumination light unit
Option : Coaxial epi-illumination unit
|Extinction method||by Neutral Density Filter|
|Camera mount||C mount|
- Optics Main Part : 1set
- Optics main unit (with optical fiber connect port, detector port, coaxial epi-illumination port) : 1
- Optical fiber connect port (Irradiate and receive with a 1:1 optical fiber core diameter when using a 10x objective lens) : 1
- Camera port (1x) : 1
- Coaxial epi-illumination port (for outer diameter φ8mm lightguide) : 1
- Manual revolver : 1
- Base plate for optics : 1set
- Dedicated optional unit for M-Scope type I
- Customization of M-Scope type I
- Addition/change of optical fiber connect port/image detector port
- Specification change of built-in optical parts (mirror, lens, etc.)
- Change of light irradiation/light reception relay magnification, etc.
- Please contact us for customizing the optical system.
- Intermediate lens port for imaging port 2x
- 2× Intermediate Lens Port MS-OP011-RL2
- An intermediate lens unit that doubles the overall magnification for image observation. The maximum optical magnification when using a 100x objective lens is 200x.
- 1/2× Intermediate Lens Port MS-OP011-RLF
- An intermediate lens unit that reduces the overall magnification for image observation by half.
- Variable Spot Size Converter Unit MS-OP011-VFPJ
- Fiber port that can continuously change irradiation and receiving diameter. The continuous variable range is as follows.
- Objective lens 10×: Irradiation/light reception with 1.11 to 3.33 times the equivalent diameter of the connected optical fiber core
- Objective lens 20×: Irradiation/light reception with 0.55 to 1.66 times the equivalent diameter of the connected optical fiber core
- Objective lens 50×: Irradiation/light reception with 0.22 to 0.66 times the equivalent diameter of the connected optical fiber core
- Light Source Unit
- About light source unit, please refer to here.
- Various types of light source unit on the market is also available.
- Objective lens selection
- About objective lens selection, please refer to here.
- Optical sensor selection
- Wavelength range : 400~1100nm
- Wavelength range : 950~1700nm
- About optical sensor selection, please refer to here.
- Neutral density filter
- About neutral density filters, please refer to here.
- Coaxial epi-illumination system
- About coaxial epi-illumination system, please refer to here.
- Optics base and workbench
- Optics base unit for optical fiber measurement
- Vertical workbench for optics
- About optics base and workbench, please refer to here.
RELATED PRODUCT INFORMATION
POLARIZATION FREE TYPE OPTICAL MEASUREMENT OPTICS M-Scope type I/PF
When the measurement is performed using a single-mode fiber for the introduction and irradiation of the measurement light, it may apply pressure on optical fiber from the external influence. In this case, it may change the polarization status in single-mode fiber, the stability of the measurement accuracy would be degraded in the entire measurement system. In case using half mirror(HM) in the optical system branching 2 or 3, when measuring the sample having such polarization characteristics, it may affect the measurement results due to polarization characteristics of the HM.
M-Scope type I/PF is an optical system that achieves stable and high precision measurements even when the measurement sample has such polarization characteristics by removing the effects of polarization with special position of a half mirror.
POLARIZATION COMPENSASION OF HALF MIRROR
Half mirror used for splitter has different transmittance and reflectance depending on the polarization direction. For this reason, the polarization state during irradiation and reception may affect the measurement.
Our polarization compensation optics has the structure that compensates for polarization dependence of the half mirror by arrangement structure as shown in the left figure.
OUTSIDE DIMENSIONS <M-Scope type I>
- Outside dimensions above is reference values. These values change as equipped options and detectors. Please ask the drawing data in details if necessary.
- Please ask us separately if you need the outside dimensions of <M-Scope type I/PF> and <M-Scope type I/HE>.
- About light irradiation & detection measurement by optical method
- (FILE No. A4-1) WHAT IS "OPTICAL METHOD OPTICAL BEAM IRRADIATION AND DETECTION MEASUREMENT"?
- Application / technical note : Explanation about light irradiation & detection measurement by optical method