(FILE No. A2-3）TO EXAMINE EAF (ENCIRCLED ANGULAR FLUX) RELATED TO LAUNCH CONDITION
In combination with Synos' underfilled launch optical system / M-Scope type G and FFP measurement optics / M-Scope type F, examine relation between EAF and launch condition of SI-type multi-mode optical fiber. 850nm SLD light source is selected as light source. Using M-Scope type G, change the launch N.A. condition of incident light. Measure the emitted light from optical fiber by M-Scope type F and acquire the FFP image. Acquired FFP image is analyzed and executed EAF analysis.
MEASUREMENT SYSTEM BLOCK DIAGRAM
MEASUREMENT SYSTEM COMPONENT
- EAF (Encircled angular flux) measurement system
- Light source
- Launch optics
- Measurement optics
- Image sensor
- Optical beam analysis module (latest model)
The results of relation between EAF and launch condition of SI-type multi-mode optical fiber is shown as left-hand.
- EAF analysis graph is in order of N.A. 0.10 → 0.15 → 0.20 → 0.25 → 0.30 → 0.35 from upper graph.
From this results and in conclusion, as N.A. of launch light becomes larger and be near to full mode launch condition, the difference of EAF carve becomes smaller.
POINTS OF SYSTEM SELECTION
- Light source selection
- As measurement light source, LSS002/850 is selected because of high power and low coherent light source having center wavelength at 850nm
- Launch optics selection
- As launch optics, M-Scope type G is selected because of changing launch light N.A.
- measurement optics selection
- As measurement optics, Synos' FFP measurement optics / M-Scope type F is selected, because of acquisition of FFP image.
- Objective lens selection
- As measurement wavelength is around 850nm range, standard type objective lens is selected.
- Analysis system selection
- EAF (Encircled angular flux) measurement system is used.